Lincolnshire, United States
6 months ago
6 month contract
We’re looking for a skilled writer who can research and learn quickly, and who can explain highly technical concepts with clarity and simplicity.
• Write clear, concise, and informative documentation to educate external developers, partners, and prospects on Zebra’s features and functionality.
• Evaluate project requirements, analyze audience needs, and recommend appropriate externally-facing documentation.
• Develop code samples and interactive tutorials to help developers get up to speed quickly.
• Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other team members to collect source information, obtain technical reviews, and test functionality, as necessary.
• Participate in team initiatives to establish style and process guidelines, provide input into tool and usability decisions, and contribute occasionally to internal documentation.
• Bachelor’s degrees in technical writing, computer science, or a related field with at least 8 years of experience in technical writing.
• Demonstrated experience writing documentation for developer audiences. Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, Swagger or a similar framework, code commenting tools, and source code repositories.
• Ability to write effective technical content for developer and business audiences.
• Proficiency with various authoring and CMS tools and familiarity with task management software: Confluence and JIRA.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, learn new skills quickly, and balance multiple projects.
• Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
• Knowledge of technical writing standards and familiarity with common style guides.