High school degree required, experienced in this field very preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license and authorization to drive a company vehicle
- Knowledge of operation, diagnosis, and repair of diesel powered trucks, and trailers. Including engines, transmissions, differentials, fuel systems, cooling systems, air brake systems, steering systems, suspension systems and trailer body repairs.
- Be able to read and interpret technical manuals
- Have mechanical and diagnostic knowledge of fleet equipment, as well as, knowledge of circuits and operational sequence of components
- Safety focused
- Self management, including good judgment, effective and timely decision making, motivated, resilience, persistence and overcomes obstacles, planning/organizing, prioritizes, sets goals, displays professionalism, quality work, accurate and thorough, promotes quality
- Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner
- Adaptability, ability to meet changing work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Attendance/Punctuality, gets to work on time and ensures work responsibilities are covered if absent, dependable, follows instruction, responds to management direction, keeps commitments
- Shows initiative, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers help when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performing a number of functions according to company policy; federal, state, and local regulations; repair manuals; factory specifications; schematics;
- Performs the complex troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance tasks at the facility.
- Oversees and monitors preventive maintenance work and performs quality assurance audits.
- Conducts or oversees the road testing of complex or safety-related repairs.
- Keeps accurate records to meet all DOT requirements.
- Must be able to perform all tasks assigned to a mechanic.
- Performs computer-related functions that allow for data input and retrieval.
- Oversees preventive maintenance, quality assurance, and safety programs.
- Shows high level of teamwork
- Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by company, that are intended to improve efficiencies. Support would include adherence to training programs, guidelines and processes associated with these systems.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.