2 positions Open
Systems Administrator to support and maintain Microsoft IT systems in Anniston, Alabama.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, controls, designs, develops, installs, and provides life-cycle support for Microsoft based operating system software, server software, user application software, computer systems, clustered server environments, VM Server environments, and data networks
- Assists with management of system resources, the installation and integration of systems fixes and workarounds, updates, and enhancements including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Provides management of accounts, network rights and access to systems and equipment.
- Implements desktop software changes, new operating system releases and maintains the operational status of systems by isolating and correcting errors.
- Resolves system or end-user problems and makes necessary modifications to the operating system, network software and hardware configurations.
- Monitors the ongoing operation network environment and ensures corrective action to restore operational service is accomplished when needed.
- Reviews, evaluates, and fine-tunes system components to achieve peak system efficiency.
- Creates, designs and modifies system's configuration specifications. Performs necessary configuration changes and repairs to servers, and coordinates with vendors for parts and repair.
- Configures, installs and monitors server based Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention Systems.
- Conducts system administration, group policy management and Active Directory administration.
- Performs system backups
- Analyzes and resolves system IT equipment/software failures.
Education & Experience
Requires 5 years of experience or BS degree in Computer Science / related field with 1 year experience.
Skills & Certs
Preferred to have industry certifications such as Comp TIA A+, Microsoft MCSA
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.