*This is a 6 month temporary position. Work hours: 5 days per week, 6:30 AM-3:00 PM*
Long Beach, CA
The primary purpose of the temporary supply technicians is to ensure that supplies and material are distributed to all areas serviced by Logistics to include, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile medical supplies, instruments sets, and equipment. Assignments include but are not limited to: scanning, barcoding, receiving, storing, and the distribution of medical and surgical supplies, instruments, and other material. The work requires knowledge of applicable policies and procedures as well as inventory systems such as the generic inventory package (GIP), bar-coding, aseptic procedures and Logistics processes.
- Maintains stock for all clinical and administrative services
- involves pulling stock inventory and material from main inventory for delivery; replenishing stock inventory; interacting with clinical and administrative customers to ensure issues and needs are identified and either resolved or escalated to supervisors or Inventory Management Specialists as needed; maintaining records on stock levels; recommending revisions in stock levels as needed to supply changes to Inventory Management Specialists; communicating to the lead or supervisor any concerns related to supplies, equipment and procedures, providing information as needed orally or in writing regarding customer or external stakeholder issues, general telephone inquiries and visitor referrals; communicating with customers and vendors to obtain information regarding medical supplies.
- Monitors expiration dates, rotates stock to limit out dates and removes items from use as required by out dates. Supports managers in checking inventory for stock identified for recalled items and hazard alerts; ensures critical supplies are appropriately monitored and controlled, resolving deviations when possible, and escalating significant deviations to the Inventory Management Specialists.
- Performs daily inventory of primary and secondary inventory points using bar coding equipment on a predetermined schedule that will allow for timely replenishment orders.
- Resolves differences between records and physical count of stock.
- Supports wall-to-wall and periodic inventories.
- Delivers supplies in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring supplies and material delivered are in sterile and operational condition. Completes specialty cart preparation and stocking.
- Distributes items according to established or ad hoc requirements in computerized inventory management systems such as GIP.
- Utilizes a pager or similar device to expedite the pick/delivery of items needed in user areas and supported catchment area.
- Fills requests for items based on daily schedules of need or on an emergent basis as appropriate.
- Cleans assigned secondary areas (shelves and bins) in accordance with aseptic principles as published in infection control guidelines, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Joint Commission standards as scheduled.
- Receives supplies and material into the VA Health Care System and supported catchment area
- Unpacks/uncrates supplies from shipping cartons; properly stores supplies and material in main/primary inventory areas. Stores items in accordance with established guidelines, utilizing a computerized inventory system, to ensure sterility and integrity of the supplies and material and the data integrity of the inventory management system.
Job Type: Temporary