Sr. Network Engineer
Direct Hire; full benefits
***Top 3 skills required: Routing & Switching networking; Netscalers/Load balancing (VPN); Palo Alto firewall experience
Summary: This individual will work with a team of top technical professionals to provide world class support to a premier client. The network infrastructure engineer will ensure availability, performance and security of the IT infrastructure.
- Manage global network environment including physical equipment management and assisting in Design recommendations. Support includes:
- Cisco Route/Switch environments
- Palo Alto, Cisco, and other firewalls
- Wireless Controllers
- Wireless Access Points (WAP)
- UPS systems
- Incident, Request, Change, and Problem management
- Capacity management
- Firmware management
- IPAM management
- Analyze complex business problems and issues as it relates to enterprise network infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance to IT professionals to correct issues encountered with network software & connectivity.
- Manage the needs of multiple customers, prioritize needs and manage the daily workload.
- Assist with internal projects as necessary, and work with project managers to set the scope and timelines of new projects in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Interface with all levels of employees internally and within client businesses to support engagement requirements (business owners, project managers, customer employees, and executive management).
- Write technical procedural documentation for co-workers and for delegated tasks.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Associate degree or qualification in an IT related discipline or equivalent technical and business experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in managing enterprise network infrastructures.
- Maintain proper certification levels to meet departmental needs.
- Required: Cisco CCNP
- Preferred: Cisco CCDE | Citrix CCP–N | Palo Alto PCNSA
- Valued: Cisco CCIE | Citrix CCE–N | Palo Alto PCNSE
- Other industry certifications a plus
- Experience with the following is required:
- Industry best practice network troubleshooting experience
- Providing process improvement recommendations and documentation
- Layer 2/3 networking
- BGP, EIGRP, & OSPF routing protocols
- Hands-on experience with managing network hardware (including install, configuration, and decommission)
- Wireless networking (including controller management)
- High Availability (HA) methodologies & technologies
- Network device firmware management
- Experience with the following is valued but not required:
- Monitoring technologies (SolarWinds, Nagios, What’s Up Gold, etc.)
- Automation tools
- Citrix NetScaler management
- Cisco ACI architecture
- Cradlepoint solutions
- EMC VxRail hyperconverged infrastructure
- EMC Isilon storage
- Cloud Platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Network security technologies
- Server technologies (Windows & Linux)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies (Dell EqualLogic/Compellent, HP, IBM, NetApp, etc.)
- VMware and other virtualization technologies
- Backup technologies (Veeam, Backup Exec, Asigra, etc.)
- Must have reliable transportation if work is required at a remote location or equipment needs to be transported.
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-directed and sufficient as there may be little to no daily supervision.
- Ability to analyze complex business systems and proprietary application configurations, document the configurations and processes, and support them as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and tasks, and successfully manage multiple engagements that may require additional resources.