Location: Madison, WI
Relocation Assistance possible for ideal candidate
Direct hire, full benefits
Under the supervision of the Director, Enterprise Procurement, this position will lead strategic procurement activities for all areas of strategic spend within the procurement organization. Drive significant initial value creation initiatives and year-over-year productivity improvements in TCO while maintaining or improving product quality and supplier service levels. The Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing will also oversee the Category Leads to develop effective value creation and cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Oversee development/execution of strategies through the sourcing process for all strategic spend areas
- Champion TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) reductions for all spend categories
- Ensure annual value objectives for the Strategic Procurement team are met
- Build, maintain and grow effective relationships across key leader and stakeholders in the enterprise
- Connect enterprise and functional strategies to business needs and influence decisions based on enterprise value
- Ensure key categories have strategic plan in place, informed by market intelligence and spend analytics, that are linked to achieving the enterprise strategy
- Drive initiatives to improve performance and productivity improvements within each spend category
- Develop expertise and best practices in the spend categories, including support of development of procurement playbook
- Partner with business areas to ensure contract compliance is being met within categories
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Monitor supplier diversity and sustainability across key categories and ensure that it links to overall procurement goals
- Foster an environment of continuous learning about key strategic marketplaces relative to company and functional strategy
- Build an environment of inclusion for all interested parties in procurement excellence – legal, IT security, governance and risk management, finance and any other specialized group.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or equivalent trade-off in professional related work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience and progression as a sourcing leader and skilled negotiator. Must have industry knowledge and be able to apply sourcing best practices.
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred
- Deep understanding of Strategic Sourcing, Category Management practice and 3rd party risk management
- Minimum of three (3) years prior supervisory experience. Demonstrated knowledge and application of team dynamics and leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial skills including capital ownership alternatives, financing and the ability to effectively analyze alternative pricing proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and nurture strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated negotiation, organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and environment, management of large, complex projects and project plans and to meet deadlines when multiple priorities exist.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to identify and implement process improvement capabilities to drive business results.