Holtsville, United States
about 1 month ago
5-6 month contract position
Analyzes, develops, designs, and maintains software for the organization’s products and systems. Performs system integration of software and hardware to maintain throughput and program consistency. Develops, validates, and tests: structures and user documentation. Work may be reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy. Follows established processes and directions.
• Designs, develops, and tests on a variety of software assignments that constitute a portion of a larger project.
• Develops and tests documentation which describes the specific software functionality.
• Participates and provides some input in project code reviews.
• Runs software tests designed by more experienced engineers.
• Reviews test results and perform root cause analyses to identify problems.
• Provides recommendations and implements solutions to complex issues. Insures compliance with quality process and standards.
• Makes changes to or upgrades existing software. Enhances and improves existing technologies to apply to new solutions.
• Makes and implements recommendations to immediate team to enhance performance and improve productivity.
• Seeks out new tools to analyze and solve problems.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Receives general instructions on routine work, new projects or assignments.
• May provide guidance to non-exempt personnel.
• Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
• Primary intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters