The primary responsibilities for this position are to:
(1) Work in a fast-paced software development team environment. (2) Maintain multiple web-based software applications written in various languages and technologies. (3) Develop new ad-hoc software applications using the entire software development lifecycle for both internal and external stakeholders. (4) Lead software development or process improvement projects as needed. (5) Work closely with vendors to manage enhancements to legacy applications and processes. (6) Continually research and learn new technologies as they become viable and participate in team discussions to develop technical strategy. (7) Cross-train development skills with all members of the team.
• Develops software applications to facilitate clinical support activities related to data collection and report generation
• Develops, implements, and supports various Websites including new web-based applications such as Resource Portal
• Identifies, develops and maintains value added support features such as online discussion forums, data collector mentoring system, decision support trees, and other training materials
• Provides technical support of the system, maintenance of the website, and assists clinical support staff, program staff, statistics staff and member hospitals with technical issues related to website
• Coordinates hardware setup, configuration, and maintenance with Information Technology department
• Participates in discussions with vendors on software development and support related issues as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience with Java J2EE development.
• Understanding of Responsive Design; Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
• User interface design and development skills a plus.
• Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Occasional evening or weekend duties may be required. Minimal travel for activities such as out of town meetings is required.