Client is located in Tyler, TX, however the place of performance will vary based on project need. Candidates must have a willingess to travel nationwide.
The SSHO is responsible for preparing, implementing, and enforcing the site Safety Program.
• Serves as primary point of contact for all safety related issues to include enforcement of site-specific Safety Plan and Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
• Establishes safety program, prepares and approves safety procedures, and develops and updates work instructions, procedures, inspection schedules, and check lists.
• Responsible for risk mitigation of all of the hazards identified in Safety and Health Program in accordance with the accepted Accident Prevention Plan.
• Ensures safety regulations and laws are adhered to, including OSHA, EM 385-1-1, and all applicable company, contract, NAVFAC, USACE, Federal and local regulations and guidelines.
• Investigates and corrects safety risks and deficiencies.
• Holds regular safety meetings, including toolbox talks.
• Works collaboratively with Project Manager, site management, staff, government counterparts and corporate committee.
• Minimum five years’ experience as a safety professional on construction projects. Must be non-residential safety experience.
• Completion of OSHA 30-hour construction outreach certification course within the last three years.
• Required to maintain competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health related coursework every four years.
• Current Adult CPR / First Aid / AED certificatio
• Able to clear detailed background checks and random drug tests
• NAVFAC and/or USACE SSHO experience
• 40-hour EM 385-1-1 certification
• Safety Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Construction Site Safety Supervisor, etc.)
• Competent Person qualifications in fall protection, confined spaces, excavations, scaffolding, hazardous energy, or critical lifts