Provide strong technical experience in front-end SharePoint development with a focus on building SharePoint 2013 solutions comprising business process custom workflows, forms, dashboards and InfoPath forms. Experience in converting MS Excel/MS Access – reliant business processes into SharePoint workflows; interfacing with Project Managers following System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) best practices, including task level-of-effort estimation; and interfacing with Quality Assurance and Testing personnel on built solutions.
Duties will include:
- Provide services including full life cycle software engineering support to a wide variety of systems (mission systems) that support the day-to-day business functions of various components of DHS and the DHS S&T Directorate. The contractor shall provide IT development and support services, to include modernization and enhancements, to various software applications and data warehouses that support a variety of organizational and cross-organizational functions. Systems may be developed or enhanced using any combination of the following tools: COTS, GOTS products to database management software supplemented with custom code and/or high level programming languages. The contractor shall provide user training for developed or modified applications. Deliverables include DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle documents.
- Analyze and evaluate the application software design and its integration into the Government provided hardware and software. Deliverables include documents supporting analysis, evaluation or technical guidance.
- Provide consultation and guidance to Government system analyst and programmers, engineers and operations personnel pertaining to the application throughout the lifecycle of the systems. This includes providing technical assistance and guidance to the system operators pertaining to system generation, troubleshooting, and general system operation. Guidance shall conform to ITIL V3 and SELC best practices where applicable. Submission shall be delivered within two weeks of request by S&T. Deliverables include documents supporting analysis, evaluation, installation or technical guidance of high availability solutions.
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree (May be able to substitute additional experience for the degree requirement)
- 10 Years of IT experience
- 6 Years of experience as a SharePoint Developer (desired)
Critical Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to interface with senior business decision-makers in a professional manner to understand their requirements and analyze these requirements in order to plan, execute, and manage the delivery of SharePoint capabilities.
- Understanding and application of User interface/User Experience (UI/UX) concepts.
o SharePoint Web Services
o SharePoint Site Structure
- Knowledge of features such as Custom Workflows, InfoPath/Forms Services and Excel Services.
- Familiarity with layout frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap 2.x or 3.x
- Ability to review technical documentation and demonstrate or discuss the reviewed capabilities within a short turnaround, with focus on impact to integration with existing applications
- Ability to construct traditional applications (with SP Software Architect oversight) using SharePoint as a development foundation (i.e. more advanced that using jQuery to customize an existing form).
· MCTS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Application Development (Exam 70-573)
· MCPD: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications (Exam 70-576)