Consumer Experience Team
The CX team sits within the marketing function and is focused on providing user experience and content strategy and associated digital properties. We work closely with our global go-to market, SEO, social, development and deployment teams to establish global customer experience strategies. As a team our goals are to:
• Help the business meet their marketing goals digitally through the application of industry and digital strategy best practices.
• Act as end user advocates by bringing the voice of the consumer into the discussion by leveraging consumer interviews, research and analytics.
• Evaluate existing experiences objectively, analyze the results and propose potential experience and platform improvements.
• Support the creation of a friction-less user experience across all digital properties, keeping in mind how those digital experiences translate into offline experiences.
Senior User Experience Role
As a Senior User Experience Designer you will be a key team member in shaping the company's growing digital footprint. The ideal candidate for this role is outspoken, motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative. They are equally comfortable doing service and system level designs as they are hashing out the detailed wire-frames for a single page or component. They understand content strategy, visual design principles, and basic development. Don't worry, we're not asking you do code or produce comps in Photoshop, just to have an understanding of those technologies, and be comfortable talking to a designer and developer to appreciate their perspective and voice yours while jointly designing an experience.
• Understanding of the target audiences for an experience through existing research documentation & analytics and by conducting new design research when appropriate
• Analyzing and synthesizing design research findings into user needs and goals for an experience
• Working with Product Owner and business stakeholders to understand the business needs for an experience
• Translating business requirements into user experience documentation such as sitemaps, flows, wire frames, and low-fi / high-fi prototypes
• Collaborating with team members on creating and refining user experience guidelines and supporting documentation
• Presenting documentation to business stakeholders for buy-in and sign-off
• Execute on the business’ content strategy, including core components, alignment with the Buyer’s Journey and the monitoring of content usage/value.
• Sharing UX guidelines with agency partners, other user experience teams and ensuring they understand the company's User Experience vision
• Collaborating with visual designers, copywriters, business analysts and development teams as the user experience travels through the development process
• QA’ing the resulting software to ensure user experience and business goals are met and logging any bugs when there are issues
• Leading/managing a more junior user experience designer
• Reviewing and managing user experience work done by consulting firms/agencies when in-house resources are not available
• BS or BA degree in Interaction Design, Design Research, Human-Computer Interaction or related field
• 5+ years designing interactions and user experiences for a variety of projects for both B2B and B2C users
• Responsive web design experience
• Experience working in an agile development environment adopting Lean UX principles
• Experience designing mobile applications and social interactions
• Experience using collaboration tools like JIRA and or Basecamp
• Experience with web and mobile development technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
• Understanding of content strategy and visual design principles
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
• Ability to pick up technical and business concepts quickly
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
• Motivated to grow and continually improve as a human being, designer, and team member