Senior Database Developer
Direct Hire, full time +benefits
• Develop, implement and support existing and additional data warehouse tools to enhance data collection and information dissemination within a network of 1500 CoC-accredited hospitals nation-wide.
• Support, update and contribute to ongoing data warehouse processing efforts, including annual updates of the Analytic Data Warehouse (ADW), backend data processing, rules engine support, datamart development and support of external vendor development.
• Develop meaningful, easy-to-understand, web-based reports and comparison tools.
• Implement tools created from the Analytic Data Warehouse.
• Provide troubleshooting and debugging support when issues arise with software.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements Required Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
• Minimum 4-7 years of experience with database design, development and analysis (Oracle, PL/SQL, or SQL Server).
• Minimum 5 years of Java application development experience on J2EE preferably with an emphasis on developing and utilizing web services of Java Application Servers (JBoss, JRun, Oracle AS, JMS, Drools) as well as Apache Camel architecture.
• Experience in performing problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques required.
• Experience with building a GUI, ColdFusion development experience is a plus.
• Experience with hospital or healthcare data analytics is preferred.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Firm understanding of relational database structure and processes.
• Strong analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
• Strong knowledge of and keen interest learning and adapting emerging tools and technologies in the industry.
• Ability to effectively apply a broad range of professional concepts and methods in moderately complex and diverse circumstances.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.