VETERAN FRIENDLY EMPLOYER!
Unarmed Security Gaurd
Indianapolis, IN (locations vary)
Full-time/Part-time available; hours vary
Valid Driver's license required
- Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Written Communication
The position of security guard consists of protecting property, assets or people. Duties and responsibilities include guarding, patrolling, and monitoring premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting and denying entry.
- Obtain help by sounding alarms.
- Prevent loss and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Control traffic by directing drivers.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintain organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follow manufacturer's instructions; troubleshoot malfunctions; call for repairs; evaluate new equipment and techniques.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances;
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons;
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property;
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises;
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas;
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates;
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary;
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
Qualifications and requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Background Check required.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Lines of communication