6 positions open!
Location: Haynesville, VA and Hanover, VA
Compensation: $40-$44 per hour (commensurate on experience)
Schedule: Weekdays, Mon. – Fri; 8am-4:30pm
Start Date: Immediate upon hiring
Resources will split time between Haynesville and Hanover locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide professional nursing care to adult patients in a Virginia Department of Corrections setting. Assists the physician or other medical provider by observing and recording patients’ behaviors to create custom care plans, assessing patients’ symptoms to diagnose, and carry out proper treatments; Preparing and administering prescribed medications, implementing nursing measures for safety, first aid and emergency interventions; Supervising other nursing staff as well as assisting with measuring/recording vital signs, performing with various clinical procedures and diagnostic tests, performing venipuncture and IV therapy as needed, accurately recording all patient interactions, setting up and maintaining clean medical equipment and treatment rooms, assisting with patient education in accordance with your scope of authority as governed by the state Board of Nursing. Properly documenting all assessments and treatment measures in a timely fashion as outlined by state and facility protocols. Maintaining confidentiality of patient records, treatments and communications as outlined in HIPAA regulations.
- Graduation from an accredited Registered Nurse training program
- VA state Board of Nursing license or license eligible as an RN (licensure from other states participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact also accepted); Clean license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1-2 year(s) prior experience as an RN in corrections and/or mental health setting (preferred)
- Be willing to submit and pass pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and background check