Gulfport, United States
21 days ago
Full time; contract-to-hire
Basic Duties (Include but not limited to)
• Provide psychological treatment to AFRH residents 20 hours per week, and on an emergency or as needed basis
• Perform Clinical/Counseling Psychology: responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psycho-diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders
• Collect and record psychological histories
• Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required
• Coordinate services and participate with other disciplines in interpreting and evaluating programs
• Provide emergency assistance, if needed, when on site and provide phone support to nursing and healthcare staff regarding resident psychological conditions when off site
• Shall practice reasonable measures in the management of clients to ensure their safety
• The AFRH Wellness Center staff will schedule appointments for the Contractor
• The Psychologist is self-directed and works independently
• The Psychologist shall conform to the duties as outlined above and as directed by AFRH Chief Medical Officer and Chief, Healthcare Services
• The Contractor Psychologist is considered key and essential personnel. As such, personnel shall be present and available to perform their medical role during all periods of severe inclement weather and other potential emergencies
• The Psychologist will be assigned to a Disaster Team function and may be required to be on board in a working status before, during and immediately following any natural disaster. The Psychologist shall remain on board until relieved by AFRH Chief Medical Officer or other physician
• Work according to flexible scheduling needs in support of the area assigned, as needed
• Use AFRH provided electronic medical record software system to document patient encounters, progress notes, and to complete orders, prescriptions, referrals, etc.
• Work in and/or support all areas of healthcare services – Assisted Living, Independent Living, Independent Living Plus, Long Term Care, and Memory Support as needed
• Complete and sign all daily encounters by the end of the week 95% of the time
• Other duties as assigned by CTE or modifications
• The Psychologist shall work part-time three days a week.
• Minimum expectations are based upon patient demand.
• Requires a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited psychology program
• Requires and maintains a current license to practice psychology in the state of Mississippi
• Must have a minimum of one year experience as a licensed clinical psychologist
• Must have one year experience in the last three years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems
• Shall fulfill all necessary requirements for privileging under the rules and regulations of the Federal Government and maintain licensure as appropriate. Any changes of legal or liability issues shall be reported to the Medical Director and Credentialing Official of the AFRH
• Must be effective with oral and written communication skills in the English language
• Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
• COLLABORATE WITH CUSTOMERS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships
• ACT LIKE AN PARTNER: Deliver results, ADD value
• INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people by maximizing relationships, building trust and always acting with a sense of urgency.
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve greatness and nothing less.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.