Lincolnshire,, United States
26 days ago
10 month contract
Aug 2019 Start Date
Manage a Product Move project to achieve cost reduction by working with a number of business areas including Product Development, Supply Chain, Service, Marketing, Sales and Human Resources. Project efforts include setting up Postponement operations in existing DCs to perform final assembly, working with existing and new supplier(s) to migrate tooling, skills, specifications to the new manufacturing location, performing line validation and production qualification, achieve regulatory certification, establish inventory and burn off existing inventory, and migrate all procurement activities to the new supplier(s).
1. Own and Manage the project to reduce costs by working with Product Development, Supply Chain, Distribution, Sourcing, Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, Culture, HR and corporate functions.
2. Drive assembly manufacturing setup at the new supplier(s) utilizing transferred tools from the old supplier(s) and utilizing existing or new supply chain for commodity and proprietary parts, including Plastics, Metals, circuit boards and PCBAs, as well as electronics and assembly hardware commodities.
3. Manage Component and Assembly Suppliers to establish part manufacturing / molding / casting / SMT lines and drive the process through Component Validation and Supply Chain introduction.
4. Ensure the highest quality in all aspects of the migration, ensuring proper controls are in place and all resulting assemblies and products are fully validated and meet specifications.
5. Research and identify Best-In-Class strategies, processes, and organizational structures to allow the organization to implement and maintain effective operations.
6. Develop system requirements as needed to implement infrastructure to support the projects and processes.
7. Proactively manage major and minor projects, including hands-on management of cross-functional activities and deliverables, and management of inter-dependencies with other projects.
8. Manage cross-functional, diverse teams in a matrixed environment with participants in numerous locations, across multiple time zones, including overseas and third-party teams and individuals.
9. Manage light IT involvement in above projects, coordinating operational efforts with systems technologies.
10. Develop comprehensive Project Plans including the key deliverables, resources and timelines required to achieve success.
11. Identify, secure and manage resources and budgets to effectively execute the project.
12. Perform Risk Management to identify and resolve Risks and Issues during Planning and as they arise throughout the project.
13. Capture and communicate project status to teams and management, including Senior Leadership, on a weekly basis.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in Project Management in a matrixed, complex environment
• Ability to run projects in excess of $2M in budget and team size of 25+ participants and stakeholders
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of PMI PMBOK and Project/Program Management techniques and approaches. Experience with a broad array of project management tools and technologies.
• 10 years of experience with Microsoft Project, and other tools, developing and maintaining project schedules
• 10 years of experience with Supply Chain product introduction, Line Assembly design and implementation in a medium- to large-sized company
• 10 years of experience with Product Development projects, including experience with Service and Marketing in a medium- to large-sized company
• 10 years of experience with tools and systems in a variety of applications
• Experience in outsourcing to and managing third-party Suppliers
• Advanced skills in delegation and follow up – proficient in ability to work with and manage senior personnel, directors and VPs to complete the project.
• Advanced skills in PC based tools including MS Office, Visio and MS Project
• Strong Teambuilding and Interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Advanced communication and facilitation skills, including conflict management. Formal training preferred
• Strong presentation skills. Demonstrated comfort in presenting to executive level cross functional audiences.