9 month contract
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN- Selected candidate will need to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Selected candidate must be able to commute to the Metro DC area on a daily basis. They must be local candidates.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator who has both a project management background and working knowledge of the government processes. This person will also be comfortable working in a fast paced, creatively diverse group. The Project Coordinator will help ensure projects from across multiple CLINs are appropriately resourced, requirements are neatly collected, project status is clearly communicated on a regular basis, and deadlines are met. Responsible for assisting management team with tracking work flow, scheduling review meetings, defining and communicating feedback cycles, and consistently following-up to ensure projects are on track. Must be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Project, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
• Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
• Meeting Scribe
• Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
• Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
• Document sharing and administering file repository / SharePoint
• Deliverables Management
• Ensuring project deadlines are met.
• Providing administrative support as needed.
• Undertaking project tasks as required.
• Developing project strategies.
• Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
• Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
• Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
• Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
• Degree in business or related field of study.
• Three years experience in related field.
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
• Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated working knowledge/experience of technical business unit assigned to (Hardware, Software, Services, etc.)
• Intermediate skills in delegation and follow up