Location: Marion, VA
Compensation: Commensurate with prior experience
Schedule: Part-time, contract; Monday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Start Date: December 2, 2019
Length of Appointment: 3 -12 Months; Ongoing assignment
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Include overseeing the physical therapy program at a Virginia Department of Corrections facility; using current knowledge of treatment practices to preform initial evaluations and rehabilitation planning for physical therapy patients, managing physical therapy staff to include physical therapy assistants and nursing staff assigned the physical therapy clinic. This position will work in close conjunction with the recreational therapist to implement guided patient treatment plans.
· Evaluate referred patients’ physical capabilities, develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation plans, within guidelines of the physician’s treatment plans, to restore function and ability, and create detailed reports outlining evaluations, treatment plans and patients’ progress toward plan goals.
· Communicate patients’ progress to medical personnel both onsite and offsite pertaining to physical evaluations, assessed needs, treatment plans and progress toward treatment goals.
· Manage physical therapy staff assigned to physical therapy clinic onsite; staff may include PTA, nurses or recreational therapy staff assigned to assist the physical therapy clinic patients with meeting their treatment goals
· Treat and manage a population of patients with a variety of physical, personality, social and mental health disorders in a Department of Corrections setting.
· Complete all documentation, reports, medical chart updates, etc., within the required timelines as provided by the Department of Corrections and facility guidelines.
· Maintain confidentiality of patient records, treatments and communications in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
· Physical Therapy degree, or equivalent, from an accredited PT training program
· Current Virginia Physical Therapy Licensee/certification
· Experience working with inpatient/outpatient physical therapy programs, performing standard PT evaluations, and designing and implementing PT treatment plans
· Ability to manage a small team of treatment professionals to carry out individual PT treatment programs, such as PT assistant, nursing staff, recreation aide, etc.
· Willingness to work in a Department of Corrections setting, submit and pass a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and background check