PeopleSoft Technical Specialist
The PeopleSoft Technical Specialist provides technical and procedural support and solutions among selected business areas supporting several applications. This position is for the support of the Pension Administration systems on PeopleSoft. The incumbent will play a technical expert role and provide functional support as needed. He/she will be responsible for writing standardized, well tested and high-quality code that meets all user requirements and be part of teams in projects that are technical in nature and assist management in the decisions that will provide the best and most cost-effective solutions that meet corporate goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Find the appropriate tools to implement the project.
- Take technical specs and produce completed and well tested programs which meet user satisfaction and acceptance, and precisely reflect the requirements.
- Take functional specs and come up with high quality technical specs.
- Use collaborative skills to work with project managers, task force members, database administrators, system administrators, users, and other staff.
- Enable workflow in certain areas of the system.
- Adhere to project schedules and report progress regularly.
- Prepare technical documents like technical specs, flow diagrams, ER diagrams, user manuals, etc.
- Prepare CMM required documentation for project, when applicable (Impact Analysis and Design, Test Cases, Phire).
- Ensure that Bank policies, procedures, and standards are factored into project design and development.
- Conduct Peer Review on Code and Test Cases, prepared by other team members, to assess quality and compliance with coding standards.
- Prepare weekly status reports and participate in status meetings and highlight issues and constraints that would impact timely delivery of work program items.
- Communicate proactively with other team members and team lead.
- Participate in the estimation of work plans, test plans, and implementation plans.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in building Peoplesoft systems using Peoplesoft and Database technologies
- Extensive experience in full system development life cycle – Analysis, Design, Programming, Testing, Implementation, and Maintenance
Certification Requirements: None specified
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleTools, Peoplesoft Application Designer, Peoplecode, Application Engine, Application Package, Integration Broker, PeopleSoft Fluid UI, SQR, and overall excellent technical skills on the Peoplesoft Development platform
- Preferred knowledge of HCM and HCM related terms in general
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, and Oracle platform and desired knowledge of PL/SQL
• Excellent ability to write complex and optimally tuned SQL queries, producing adhoc reports, load data into the database, and write Oracle Stored Procedures – Procedures, Functions, Packages, and Triggers.
- Advanced knowledge of SQR programming for producing complex reports and batch processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Peoplesoft HR/Payroll table infrastructure.
- Proven conceptual, analytical and judgmental skills.
- Ability to pick up new business processes and technologies quickly.
- Desired understanding of and implementation experience with issue tacking, and source code repository.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team environment to support other technical staff, as needed.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and tight schedules, while quickly producing excellent solutions to problems and production issues.
- Ability to work independently and deliver timely results (be a self-starter).
- Technical writing skills desired
Experience Matrix for Levels:
- Level II - 5+ years of experience