Full time; Direct Hire position with benefits
The Payroll Manager supports the client mission and strategic plan through managing the organization’s payroll function for the client and its subsidiaries and affiliates, approximately 500 employees. Main responsibilities include developing procedures and overseeing the preparation, documentation, and disbursement activities of the payroll function.
Supervises and participates in preparation and processing of payroll ensuring that procedures are followed, processes are completed timely, accurately and efficiently and in compliance with all laws and regulations. Collaborates closely with Human Resources.
- Manages the activities of payroll analyst in a centralized payroll function in carrying out responsibility for timely and accurate payroll processing.
- Reviews and analyzes additions and changes to payroll system data (e.g., salary, hours worked, overtime, bonus, benefits, 401k, taxes, garnishments and levies) and to payroll records (e.g., changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers).
- Implements and administers the data integrity of the payroll system. Partners with HR and IT to ensure systems are appropriately set up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time.
- Maintains relationship with outside vendors and collaborates with HR and IT in the selection and implementation of payroll related systems.
- Provides customer service to resolve and respond to any payroll questions or issues from employees and managers.
- Provides guidance and communicates actively with Operating Units, HR and Accounting to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing reports.
- Determines accounting distribution and preparation of payroll liabilities by reviewing and approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Reconciles the payroll accounts and summarizes payroll related expenditures by resolving payroll discrepancies and prepares monthly payroll journal entries for the general ledger. Prepares payroll and benefit related notes to the annual financial statements, and other required quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance. Including year-end reporting and issuance of W2’s. Stays updated with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Develops and maintains payroll related policies and operational procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.