Full-time; long-term contract
*This position is contingent on award
- Two (2) years practical experience in North Carolina law, as well as basic legal principles and concepts. Candidate must be able to interpret and apply, or explain to others the application of, a body law, regulations, precedents, and practices covering one or more recurring types of legal actions encountered in the agency.
- Two (2) years practical experience in the principles, concepts, and methods of legal research and reference sources such as agency manuals, directives, issuances, court reports, appellate records, or commercial legal publications sufficient to locate appropriate data such as applicable precedents, legislative history, and commentaries which bear on particular legal issues.
- Two (2) years practical experience in the techniques necessary for proper legal analysis of fact and issues of law.
- Two (2) years practical experience in preparing legal documentation: preparing digests of case decisions, evaluating the applicability of precedents, or to draft briefs, other litigation papers, advisory opinions, or findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Certification as a North Carolina Notary Public.
- Experience with Distributive Learning System Wills or similar document preparation program.
- Familiarity with Client Information System (CIS).
Provide the following services via phone or walk-ins, during pre-deployment and post deployment time periods to eligible Service-members and their families on civil legal matters:
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Property
- Economic Law
- Civilian Administrative Law
- Military Administrative Law
- Preventive Law
- Update and Maintain Social Media presence