Full Time; Full Benefits
This individual will work with a team of top technical professionals to provide world class support to a premier client. The network infrastructure engineer will ensure availability, performance and security of the IT infrastructure.
- Design, install, and support Route/Switch environment.
- Design, install, and support Cisco and other firewall environments.
- Analyze complex business problems and issues as it relates to enterprise network infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance to IT professionals to correct issues encountered with network software & connectivity.
- Manage the needs of multiple client sites, prioritize needs and manage the daily workload for each location.
- Manage physical servers and appliances in a data center environment.
- Assist with internal projects as necessary
- Set the scope and timelines of new projects in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Interface with all levels of employees internally and within client businesses to support program requirements (business owners, project managers, customer employees, and executive management).
- Write technical procedural documentation for co-workers and for delegated tasks.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Associate degree or qualification in an IT related discipline or equivalent technical and business experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and maintaining enterprise network infrastructures.
- Maintain proper certification levels to meet departmental needs.
- Required: CCNA Route/Switch
- Preferred: CCNP Route/Switch
- Valued: CompTIA (Network+, Security+), Microsoft Windows (MCSA, MCSE, MTA), VMware (VCA, VCP, VCAP)
- Other industry certifications a plus)
- Industry best practice server and storage troubleshooting, backup and restore experience.
- Experience in providing process improvement recommendations and documentation.
- Layer 2/3 networking
- Wireless networking
- Patch Management
- Monitoring technologies (SolarWinds, Nagios, What’s Up Gold, etc.)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies (Dell EqualLogic/Compellent, HP, IBM, NetApp, etc.)
- Backup technologies (Veeam, Backup Exec, Asigra, etc.)
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Advanced understanding of Active Directory
- Windows Server 2003 – 2016
- Windows Failover Cluster
- Exchange 2010 – 2016, Office 365
- Barracuda appliances
- Enterprise antivirus software (McAfee, Sophos, Symantec, etc.)
- Cloud Platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Virtualization technologies
- VMware administration (VMware vSphere 5.x – 6.x, VMware View)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technologies
- High Availability (HA) methodologies & technologies
- Infrastructure security technologies
- PowerShell scripting and automation
- SharePoint 2010 – 2016, SharePoint Online
- SCVMM \ Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Citrix applications (XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer, Program Neighborhood)
- Citrix NetScaler
- Windows IIS
- Linux (Red Hat Releases 2-7; CentOS)
- Unix and/or HP-UX
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-directed and sufficient as there may be little to no daily supervision.
- Ability to analyze complex business systems and proprietary application configurations, document the configurations and processes, and support them as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and tasks, and successfully manage multiple engagements that may require additional resources.