Alamogordo, New Mexico
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming, and confidential environment for our Veterans who have served our country valiantly. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and well-being of our nations Veterans.
- Office hours are M-F 8 to 4:30, FT or PT hours. No On-Call! No evening or weekend work! No holidays!
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information in patient’s electronic medical record
- Obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
- Prepare, assist, and accurately complete all forms
- Support patient care delivery
- Assist providers during examinations and treatment
- Take vital signs and perform all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Collects lab Specimens from patients and submits received results to medical providers.
- Schedule clinic appointments, patient check in and/or out of clinic, and verify all clinical reminders due at the time of each visit.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited certificate program
- Knowledge of computer systems to include the MS Office Suite
- Demonstrate high quality customer service
- Two years of continuous experience in clinical operations or medical office work post externship
- Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
Job Types: Full-time