San Diego, CA
1 year contract
Pay Rate: $40-$45/hour
Purpose of Position
The IT Support Analyst will provide assistance in the use of applications; consult in new program deployment; diagnose and troubleshoot problems; coordinate routine maintenance; and support data and voice communications in a clinical setting. IT Support Analyst responsibilities include troubleshooting, prioritizing, and completing projects in a timely manner, as well as escalating complex issues to other County Information Technology (IT) teams and the Information Technology Outsourcer (ITO).
· Under general direction, apply specialized application functional knowledge to support the end users by acting as the point of contact between the County and ITO to coordinate day to day application support activities.
· Responsible for oversight of IT activities related to processes of user access, incidents, service interruptions and planned downtimes; also responsible for documenting and communicating processes to ensure consistent user experience.
· Develop an understanding of complex business processes and differentiate between functional and system requirements. Interact with customers and extended team members to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
· Serve as the technical coordinator to assist end-users with their issues by interpreting, analyzing, diagnosing, documenting and resolving IT issues related to internally supported hardware and software. Oversee and monitor desktop support and applications support to ensure problems are addressed and resolved appropriately.
· Support users with setup and usage of business and clinical applications.
· Manage and coordinate with the user community, ITO and vendors to resolve user reported problems. Communicate resolution status proactively to ensure customer timeframe expectations are met or exceeded.
· Coordinate and collaborate with the ITO and the County for system upgrades and resolution of issues related to the application. Promptly categorize, generate, route and escalate, when necessary, customer requests that are beyond the normal area of responsibility.
· Produce and maintain documentation and critical configuration information for key systems.
· Coordinate and conduct training sessions including development of training documentation.
· Test new software and evaluate potential software requirements.
· Make recommendations for system improvement and enhancement.
· Medical device support. Document and inventory medical devices, coordinate maintenance, calibration, updates, and repairs of medical devices. Coordinate computer and network connectivity for medical devices.
· Submit incident tickets, installation, move and change requests, and IT service request on behalf of end-users. Serve as primary point of contact for all types of request and coordinate services.
· Perform other related duties and projects as business needs require.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Excellent customer service, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
· Ability to collect, identify, define, and document the user interactions and metrics in accordance with prescribed standards
· Demonstrate the ability to understand multi-faceted client environments, objectives, and constraints
· Ability to understand physician practices, EHR vendors, EHR implementation, clinical workflows and healthcare regulatory compliance preferred
· Working knowledge of modern information technology systems (computer operations, audio visual systems). Knowledge of information systems requirements for support of computer software and hardware as well as various business applications
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and indirect influencing capabilities combined with a strong technical background
· Must be able to work in a team environment and independently with minimal management oversight
· Must possess high energy and strong motivation to make a difference and help others
· The work is fast paced with changing priorities. Task switching without loss of productivity is a must.
· Knowledge of computer and network connected medical devices is desired
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field plus two years of work experience in an IT Support Analyst position – OR – any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and abilities
· Background check and pre-employment drug screen required
· Must have a satisfactory driving record and valid California State Driver’s License