The Help Desk Manager position is located at the Center for Domestic Preparedness, Anniston Alabama.
- The Help Desk Manager shall lead the daily operation of CDPs IT Service Desk and Desktop Support organizations.
- Provide leadership and supervision of the Customer Service professionals to deliver outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness.
- Successfully manage fulfillment of Service Level Agreements; collect, monitor and report performance measures.
- Develop and refine operating procedures. Ensure team manages and resolves problem tickets in accordance with the ITIL model.
- Provide technical trend analyses from available data sources to identify performance metrics that will enhance operational performance.
- Develop and implement training program to ensure that Service Desk technicians have the knowledge and experience to be successful.
- Supervise service technicians to successful resolve end-user issues.
- Supervise the operations of the Customer-Help Desk Support Center.
- Create project and task plans for projects and changes.
- Schedule staff to provide required coverage during hours of operation.
- Ensure prompt completion of deliverables.
- Develop strategies and performance measurement plans to optimize vendor performance.
- Participate in detailed technical architecture working sessions.
- Prepare Monthly Status Reports, Bi-Weekly Status Reviews.
- Ensure knowledge management systems and documentation are created and maintained.
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process.
- Ensure ticket queues are managed properly and work being conducted meets all applicable standards, SLOs and time-lines.
- Coordinates training requirements of contracted personnel.
- Identifies problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Monitors problem management knowledge-base and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- US Citizen able to obtain and hold a Homeland security clearance.
Expereince & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science desired or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience in managing Information Systems
Skills & Certs
- Experience using an issue tracking system to record, monitor, and document trouble items and work requests
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required 10% Travel
- ITIL certification desired
- HDI certification desired