Responsible for all aspects of grants and contracts administration including all pre- and post-award activities for sponsored research projects and multi-institutional trials. Provides support by way of budget development, obtaining IRS approval, meeting HIPAA requirements, submitting effort reporting, and compliance with federal regulations. Develops and submits research proposals, progress reports, financial reports, and subcontracts. Monitor and interpret Federal, State and Institutional policies, procedures, guidelines. Assist in keeping client current with federal regulations.
- Monitor and coordinate health services research projects, this may include programmatic oversight of the projects along with budgetary oversight and compliance (30%)
- All pre and post award compliance activities, including but not limited to IRB, H!PAA, effort reporting, federal contractual regulations, & other required sponsored research guidelines (15%)
- Track and analyze fiscal expenditures of grant-funded projects (10%)
- Submissions of new proposals and progress reports to funding agencies. including the development of consortium and subcontract agreements with organizations participating in research and sponsored programs(15%)
- Contact for CQI, DROPC, & College-wide related sponsored program activities (15%)
- Other projects as assigned (15%)
4-7 years experience
Preferred/Not Required: Certified Research Administrator (CRA}, Certified Pre-award Research Administrator (CPRA), or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA)
- Work experience and background in administering grants, contracts, programs, and projects. Knowledge of funding agencies and policies, procedures, and regulations regarding grants and contracts.
- Demonstrated comprehensive sponsored research administration with a strong understanding of the non-profit research environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Grants.gov, eRA Commons, OMB Circulars, FARs and major federal funding agency guidelines.
- Understanding of accounting principles and fiscal records development, maintenance, and reporting; knowledge of principles of budget development and maintenance; well developed analytical, negotiation, problem-solving and dispute resolution skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and colleagues at other institutions.
*Occasional evening and weekend activities as required