Auto Manufacturing Plant Environment
General Labor (Water Blasters - 2 positions)
2nd Shift: 2:30pm-10pm
General Labor (Team Member - 1 position)
3rd Shift: 10pm-6:30am
Team members are required to follow all customer and safety policies. Team members are to be here on scheduled days at scheduled times. The team member will report to the team leader at the beginning of the shift for the day’s assignments.
• Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to pass a background and drug screening.
• Required to arrive at work at the scheduled times on scheduled days.
• Must clock in at the beginning of the shift and clock out at the end of shift.
• Will do any task requested by the team leader in a safe timely and efficient manner.
• Must read and sign a job safety analysis (JSA) for every task done. The purpose of the JSA is to make sure the team member understands all potential hazards of the job. If upon reading the JSA the Team Member does not understand, The Team Member should request further explanation from the Team Leader
• Must wear all appropriate PPE including metatarsal boots, rain suit, hard hat with face shield, rubber gloves and hearing protection including both ear plugs and earmuffs,
• Inspect water blaster and fill out correct paperwork at the beginning of shift. Report any issues to Team Leader and Maintenance Team Member.
• Water blasts 2 to 3 pallets per day and address any other customer requests.
• Return caps, chains and hangers to customer timely.
• Clean booth at the end of each shift including the customer’s windows. Windows should be cleaned by hand, not with wand.
• Always keep area clean and free of Gtac waste and dispose of waste in barrels appropriately labeled with a Material In Tag (MIT) in accordance with customer’s environmental policies.
• Gtac barrels should be emptied when full.
• Inspect both caps machines at beginning of shift and report any issues to the team leader and a project team member.
• Record number of caps, chains and hangers. At the end of shift provide the Team Leader with the appropriate paperwork.
• Notify Team Leader when peel coat needs to be ordered. This should be done when down to a fourth of a barrel.
• Perform pre-startup inspection on forklift prior to use and fill out appropriate paperwork. Notify the Team Leader or the Group Leader immediately of any issues.
Team Member Responsibilities: All the above, including:
- Attends training regarding safety and workplace practices once per year.
- Accountable for all tolls used to perform a job and returns the items to the crib or job box in the same condition as when taken.
- Team Members in the general vicinity of an ice machine must wear hearing protection.
- Ice Blasting Team Members should remain acutely aware of their surroundings to avoid injuring others.
- Team Members who operate dry ice machines should inspect the machine before and after each use. If there is damage or maintenance concerns with the machine, it should be reported immediately. The machine should not be used until cleared by the Group Leader.
- Extension cords should be inspected prior to each use. Cords found with cuts or missing prongs should be given to management for replacement. Team Members should always use GFCI with extension cords.
- When working in the fuel tanks, Team Members will remove boots before walking outside of fuel tank zone. Another set of boots should be worn when walking outside Fuel Tank area.
- Team Members working in the fuel tanks are required to clean all equipment at the end of each work day.
- Weekday Team members should use extreme caution with traffic and must wear high visibility shirts. If volunteering for the day, the team member needs to wear a high visibility vest.
- When mopping pedestrian walkways, Team Members should always use the appropriate signage for wet floors.
• Team oriented
• Results Driven
• Effective time management
• Ability to Multitask
The employee will spend 100% of his/her time in the plant. The Employee will occasionally be exposed to chemicals and, depending upon where the employee is in the plant, noise may be in excess of 85 dBs and require hearing protection.
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee will frequently be required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or fell and will also need to be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee would be required to sit on occasion, climb, balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. Consistently lifts 45-50 pounds. Must also be able to withstand 50 pounds of lateral pressure. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
Can be a full or part-time position. Hours of work will be determined upon hire. Occassional evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is minimum with this position.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred