Front Desk Clerk
Full-time (40 hours)
- The candidate shall have a strong working knowledge and capability to operate data entry
device(s) to input lists, records, or other data points into an electronic format.
- Candidate shall have strong knowledge of Web Based applications, MS Office Word, MS Office Excel and other MS Office Suite Products.
- Candidate shall have, as a minimum, a High School Diploma and 2 years of experience in the same or similar field of work.
- Candidate shall Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a customer support and business environment.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The candidate shall take task direction and training from government personnel
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- Candidate will receive telephone calls, greet visitors, ascertain the nature of the call or visit, direct clients to the appropriate program manager in schedule clients for classes and provide complete and clear information that addresses most routine or procedural issues.
- Will input all TAP data and resources in the AFFIRST and DOD TAP systems to include but not limited to scheduling clients for Pre-Separation, Transition Assistance Program Goals, Plans and Success (TAP GPS), Executive Transition Assistance Program (ETAP), Veterans Administration Benefits Briefings I and II, the Education Track, the Technical and Skills Track, the Entrepreneur (Boots to Business) Track, and the Capstone Event. This information shall be maintained at 90% accuracy at all times.
- Candidate shall schedule personnel for all A&FRC programs and seminar’s using the AFFIRST system.
- Candidate may be asked to assist A&FRC to prepare packets and handouts for A&FRC programs.
- Candidate may be asked to keep A&FRC pamphlets updated and print and fold copies for programs.
- Will be responsible for monitoring and assisting clients to use Qual-net computers and administrative peripheral equipment such as fax machine, printers, disc duplicators and audio visual equipment.
- Will ensure integrity and ensure safeguards are in place to prevent the loss of materials.
- Will maintain the appearance of the Front Desk/Discovery Resource Center.
- Will align chairs, keyboards, materials, publications, and resources on a daily basis.
- Will report inoperable equipment to A&FRC management.
- Will input and maintain accuracy of data and resources in the AFFIRST system.
- Candidate will input and keep current information on service organizations and make appropriate referrals to both on- and off-base agencies.
- Will determine the needs of clients who call or walk in with a variety of family issues and connect them with appropriate staff, watching for opportunities to raise awareness of A&FRC programs and services.
HOURS OF WORK
Candidate should perform the required services as identified during the following hours:
Monday through Friday between 7:30AM and 4:30PM (40 hours per week)
Not required to perform service on Federal Holidays, or designated company holidays.