Enterprise Risk Management Consultant
We are s a small, veteran-owned risk management consultancy serving public sector clients. The company is growing, and we are looking for self-motivated ERM Consultant to join our team. This position is full-time located in the Washington DC area. The ideal candidate will have federal government or military experience and be familiar with ERM and internal control program requirements. Consultant will primarily work at federal agency client sites as part of a collaborative risk management support team.
· Perform complex program/project tasks, prepare reports, provide technical assistance
· Manage day-to-day engagement with clients/project personnel including, but not limited to, discussing project findings, drafting and reviewing project reports, and conducting periodic formal and informal status briefings with clients
· Prepare and administer surveys and assessments, analyze results and prepare gap analysis reports and briefing materials
· Conduct bench marking research in support of project delivery team
· Coordinate, prepare, and facilitate meetings and working groups, compile results, prepare written reports, and present oral debriefings to contract support team and client
· Develop recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s wishes, capabilities, and limitations forming concise reports
· Perform technical analysis and prepare reports and documentation
· Support completion of project specific tasks and deliverable within estimated time frames and budget constraints
· Collect information about the client’s business through a variety of methods
Experience and Educational Requirements:
A minimum of 3-years of experience in the consulting field or equivalent relevant work experience. Applicant must hold a four-year degree from an accredited college/university, or equivalent ERM experience and certification as a CPA, CRMP, CGFM, or other equivalent certification. Preferred degree in finance, accounting, organizational leadership, management or other business administration related degree. Possession of an advanced degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
· Excellent client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- 4 to 7 years of experience AND a bachelors degree
- Security Clearance Eligible
· Daily interaction with client personnel requires excellent interpersonal skills
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite
· Familiar with federal risks management policies and requirements (i.e., A-123, A-11, GPRA, GRPAMA, FISMA, FITARA, NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Adept at identifying problems and formulating solutions
· Analytical mind with excellent data collection and analysis skills – ability to interpret data to unearth weaknesses and problems, and comprehend the causes
· Must be able to pass U.S. Government background checks for access to government facilities and systems. Background checks include criminal history, terrorism, and credit history and may vary based on client requirements and security clearance needs. May be required to submit to periodic drug screening.
We offer a benefits package that includes Health Insurance (company cost share), vision and dental insurance, life insurance, an IRA contribution (1% automatic and up to 3% company matching), plus 160 combined hours of vacation and PTO.