Project Duration: 12-18 months.
Manager has 2 openings on this job posting.
QETL Engineering Technician II
Notes: Manager is looking for someone that is experienced with environmental, mechanical, dynamic (vibration, shock and drop- mechanical stresses for product). Most important aspect of this opportunity is to find the right fit for the current team, someone that can take instruction and is detailed with their work.
Support qualification testing under varying environmental, mechanical, and electrical conditions.
Perform testing of products for the purpose of acceptance in the Quality Engineering Test Lab. Maintain proficiency as directed. Conduct HALT / ALT reliability testing as directed. Maintains records and documents test results. The Quality Engineering Test Lab conducts product and system level testing.
Types of testing include Qualification, Reliability, and Customer Response which deal with Thermal, Dynamic, Mechanical, and EMC/EMI.
Scope of Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform Environmental, Mechanical, Dynamic, Reliability and Functional tests directed by Lab
Test Engineer and or following pre-defined test plans.
• Conduct Temperature testing using Environmental chambers, recording data and observations, and evaluating results.
• Conduct Mechanical and Dynamic testing using Vibration equipment, Drop / Shock Machines, Wear and Abrasion, Loose Cargo, Tumbling Barrel, and various other mechanical stress machines, recording data and observations and evaluating results.
• Conduct Sealing tests using IP Dust and Water machines and equipment, recording data and
observations, and evaluating results.
• Conduct EMC / EMI testing recording data and observations, and evaluating results
• Works from written and verbal descriptions, or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on product assemblies and hardware. Take data and keep accurate records on all tasks. Generate reports and analyze the data collected as required.
• Assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures. Analyzes test results and makes recommendations. Diagnoses difficult, infrequent problems with minimal direction. Performs moderately complex troubleshooting and calibration on instruments or test setups.
• Look up and understand technical documents as related to testing requirements.
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
• Ability to follow Lab procedures and methods and work well under a self-directed team.
Willing to share knowledge and educate other associates on Lab procedures, policies and safety.
o High School or equivalent +4 years’ experience with Electrical and Mechanical testing background.