ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN I
Holtsville, NY/Hauppauge, NY0 - 3 Years
NEW GRADS welcome to apply
Our client is looking for an individual who is, highly motivated, teamwork focused, innovative and agile. you will have the opportunity to support engineering in all phases of product development and be part of a team who is among the first to see and solve many emerging issues and technologies. We are an essential partner to multi-functional engineering teams and in this capacity, you will build many relationships working to solve challenging issues during the prototype phase of a project as well as customer related issue problem solving.
You should possess the ability to handle multiple work requests and projects simultaneously. You will be responsible for performing system and board level debugging, repairs and rework on prototype product development. You should possess the ability to work closely with fellow technicians and engineers to ensure prompt and accurate completion of work to meet product release schedules. You will need to follow written work instructions and communicate issues back to the engineering team. Therefore, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Follows established processes to create and test product assemblies during Engineering development of autonomous robotic system.
• Works from written and verbal descriptions/defined test plans to perform testing, evaluation and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on product assemblies and hardware
• Determines methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Debugs and characterizes defects, provides detailed configuration and descriptions for passing and failing tests into product evaluation reports.
• Works on analysis of processes and delivers results to necessary stakeholders
• Assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures. Analyzes test results and makes recommendations
• Ensures testing is completed for each design revision. Testing to include System Hardware, ESD, Thermal profiling and Electromagnetic combability.
• Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
o Preferred Work Experience (years): 2+ years
Key Skills and Competencies:
? Knowledge of lab equipment such as Multimeters, Data loggers, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies
? Hands-on experience developing robotic systems, mobile radio or similar.
? Ability to read and follow schematics
? Working knowledge of sensors for robotic platforms, including camera imaging and barcode scanners
Above all else must be a Team Player!
about 2 years ago
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN I