Basic Duties (Include but not limited to)
• Executes nutrition policy and program requirements in accordance with instruction and guidance established by company guidelines.
• Uses a wide range of principles, practices and procedures of the science of dietetics and behavior change theories required to plan, implement and evaluate Health Promotion (HP) nutrition programs.
• In partnership with HP staff, assesses nutrition behaviors, environment and needs or the beneficiary population using available and applicable tools; determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition priorities in accordance with company healthy weight and nutrition goals.
• Regularly researches, develops/acquires, and maintains materials to implement comprehensive evidence-based nutrition programs and services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
• Implements evidence-based approaches in a variety of food service venues to create a healthy nutrition environment.
• Employs adult learning behavior change theories and teaching techniques to conduct a variety of individual and group nutrition interventions.
• Maintains data quality management (e.g. coding, MEPRS) and reporting requirements in program execution in accordance with the company’s instruction and professional standards of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
• Serves as the nutrition expert, consultant, and advocate to support a comprehensive Fitness Program for the installation.
• Provides expertise to implement and evaluate nutrition programs for all populations.
• Provides expertise to develop, deliver and evaluate nutrition-related programs for professional staff and colleagues on HP related topics.
• Communicates and coordinates nutrition programs among local leadership and target customers/beneficiaries.
• Employs appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
• Participates in teleconferences, updates, working groups, review panels, symposiums, and related nutrition education programs and management of operations.
• Delivers briefings, educational sessions, seminars, and worksite wellness programs as needed.
• Maintains positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Will be required to travel, at Government expense, to attend directed training and/or conferences
• Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in a didactic program for dietetics approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
• A Master's degree in nutrition education, sports nutrition, public health, health promotion or community nutrition is preferred.
• Current registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
• Board eligible Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics by the ADA.
• Knowledge of medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
• [HIPAAI), and accreditation standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission (TJC), and the Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs).
• Working knowledge of computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs. MS Outlook (email), and internet familiarity is required. The ability to input, extract and format data from established databases is desired.
• Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
• Must have knowledge and experience in Patient Advocacy, Patient Privacy, and Customer Relations.
• Must demonstrate ability to apply critical thinking skills and expertise in resolving complicated healthcare, social, interpersonal and financial patient situations.
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
• COLLABORATE WITH CUSTOMERS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships
• ACT LIKE AN PARTNER: Deliver results, ADD value
• INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people by maximizing relationships, building trust and always acting with a sense of urgency.
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve greatness and nothing less.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Montgomery, United States
6 months ago