Chicago, IL (2-3 days onsite)
Full-time, Direct hire position
The primary responsibilities for this position are (1) Coordinate and execute data validation and reconciliation activities (2) Design and implement proactive data checking activities to prevent problems in data reconciliation process (3) Generate custom data sets for internal and external customers (4) Data customer support, including troubleshooting problems and preparing ad hoc reports (5) Data posting and user administration (6) Help the support team with posting of reports and identifying and resolving issues with user authentication.
- Responsible for coordinating and automating the data reconciliation process. This includes defining test cases and verifying test results, and writing scripts to automate the checking of data. Proactively check data to ensure successful reconciliation process.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting infrastructure and capabilities and provide ad-hoc report support to participating hospitals.
- Help support team by troubleshooting and resolving data issues in the database and with user authentication issues. Help with report postings and user management of report postings.
- Create custom datasets and reports for internal and external customers as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not required.
- 4+ years of similar database experience preferred.
- Strong SQL experience required.
- Experience with Oracle (preferred) or Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Experience writing SQL scripts and custom reports.
- QA/Data reconciliation experience strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Display a high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.