Location: Des Plaines, Illinois
Direct Hire, Full-time
Direct supervisor to one assigned shift of hourly employees who is responsible for supervision, direction and leadership in safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met.
- Supervise employees in the daily production of corrugated board, to include training, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, quality production and teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Lead and motivate employees by setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance to work efficiently and effectively, while ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Effectively communicate operational information in both oral and written format at all levels: crew members, other supervisors, plant management, office personnel and outside customers and vendors.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safety, quality and other programs and initiatives utilized within the organization.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry required.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
Relocation Assistance Available -No
Commission Compensation -No
Bonus Eligible -No
Overtime Eligible -No
Interview Travel Reimbursed -Yes
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level -Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required -Yes
Minimum Education -High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel -Occasionally