Construction Project Manager/Engineer
St Joseph, Missouri
*Candidate must be eligible for a Public Trust Clearance and possess valid Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Have ability to read, review, and perform technical reviews of plans and specifications for design and construction projects. Monitor projects from design through construction for compliance with contract terms, conditions, codes, policies, and regulations.
- Assist Base Civil Engineer & Deputy Base Civil Engineer to include project information gathering, cost estimating, preparing statements of work, performing design and construction submittal reviews, site observations, progress meetings, site inspections, system startups, and project closeout.
- Possess working knowledge of Federal and DoD regulations and instructions, and knowledge of the Federal and DoD Acquisition Regulations; agency standard operating procedures and safety issues.
- Prepare project documentation to include information gathering, writing statements of work, preparing submittal logs, completing environmental impact analysis procedures, and cost estimating
- Review projects during design phase to include concept design development, attend base review conference and criteria review conferences, review construction design document development, and project presentations and submittals
- Complete construction administration to include site visits, daily progress monitoring, answering requests for information, processing payment applications, change order request processing, project closeout, and warranty claims. Contractor must have current knowledge of construction techniques and practices.
- Possess a demonstrated capability to organize and manage multi-disciplined project tasks, be subject matter or functional area expert on each project, manage Architecture/Engineering Construction Project, have 5 years of experience in an area of Construction management (7-10 preferred) and a Bachelor's degree; Engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD drafting software and Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Ability to plan and organize tasks, establish and meet suspense dates, and create acceptable work products independent of supervision
- Ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically with others, have strong written and oral communication skills, and function under pressure due to intense project interest or time limitations
- Ability to handle complex projects requiring considerable creativity and judgment to resolve design problems, and assist in making decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable
- Certifications preferred: CCM, EIT, PE, or RA