Cisco Voice Engineer
Veteran Friendly Employer!!
Location(s): Oak Ridge, TN
Annual Compensation: $85,000 – 95,000; commensurate with experience
Relocation assistance: Available if needed.
General Description: the CUCM Engineer will report directly to the on-site Program Manager and is responsible for the advanced programming, maintenance, and administration of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform at the Department of Energy (DoE) Oak Ridge, TN location. This includes but is not limited to: database provisioning, application provisioning, routing provisioning and clearing of alarms.
The CUCM Engineer will also be responsible for the engineering, design and implementation of complex unified communication solutions and upgrades. The Engineer will be expected to perform his/her duties with minimal supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled. Additionally, the CUCM Engineer is responsible for the development of system and infrastructure related documentation, including Configuration Management related documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The selected candidate must meet the criteria to pass a preliminary background check and drug screening, and then obtain and maintain a DoE Security Clearance.
- Integration and day-to-day administration of the Cisco Unity Connection.
- Coordination, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1 PRI, SIP and DS0).
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and administration of multiple vendor systems.
- Support, operate, and maintain the current Cisco VoIP infrastructure to include any future system enhancements, patches, and/or upgrades.
- Perform lifecycle maintenance of the hardware and software of Cisco system according to manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Compose clear and concise reports for customer documentation and project related documentation.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Systems or Business discipline or 3 years or greater direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in programming and maintenance of Cisco CUCM and associated systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice switch infrastructure experience including switching, routing, Quality of Service, digital communications including: DS1, DS3, Fiber, PRI/ISDN; Cisco products consisting of Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Call Center, Presence, Telepresence and Unity or Unity Connections.
- Strong knowledge of Linux is required.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and word processing are required.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of IP Subnetting, QoS and IPV4/IPV6 models.
- Knowledge of routing and switching protocols.
- Current CCNA and/or CCNP certification in Collaboration, Routing and Switching, or Security.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers and fulfill customer requests.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Additional work hours beyond normal duty hours may be necessary, at times, to complete the weekly workload based upon the discretion of the supervisor.
- On-call availability during off-hours in the event of service problems with the system.
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate and present complex technical information to a varied audience, including technical and non-technical stakeholders and Customers.
- Effective time management to allow for involvement in special task order projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform his/her duties with minimal supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Ability to isolate system problems and malfunctions; take timely corrective action to meet conditions of the contract.
- Availability to work flexible/extended hours and possibly holidays.
- A valid driver’s license.
- The ability to pass a background check and obtain and maintain a Department of Energy security clearance is required.