This position will be responsible for installing, managing and maintaining our client’s voice and data networks both on site and remotely. Additional responsibilities may also include participation in internal systems deployments and upgrades as well as other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing the IT infrastructure of small companies including, but not limited to, managing servers, networking and security, IP telephony, and is a self-starter who is comfortable working in a less-structured, entrepreneurial environment.
- Monitor and maintain our client’s data networks using RMM software.
- Install, configure and manage Windows servers.
- Install, configure and manage network security appliances.
- Install, configure and manage routers and switches.
- Install, configure and manage business telephone systems.
- Update openservicetickets in PSA software on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge.
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through work activities to appropriate company staff.
- Meet monthly goals for service activity as established by a manager.
- Perform other duties as needed such as obtaining product information and part numbers from vendors, answering inbound phone calls, opening support tickets, and general office duties to help out the team and keep your mind fresh.
- Communication& Customer Service Skills:
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Can effectively communicate business and technical information
- Pleasant, positive and outgoing demeanor to develop great relationships with customers and co-workers
- Customer service presence with ability to interface with the customer and promote a positive company image
- Able to perform positive and constant interaction and relay pertinent information to the sales team, customers and management team
- Problem Solving & Organization Skills:
- Ability to think both critically and analytically
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to improve processes
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Consulting attitude
- Is results driven and has a positive attitude
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Strong personal integrity and honesty
- Experience & Technical Skills:
- Current Microsoft or Cisco certifications such as MCITP or CCNA are strongly preferred.
- Preferred candidates will have a college degree or equivalent professional work experience.
- Proficiency with network security hardware and software.
- Experience with business telephone systems and IP telephony.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (not required, but helpful is proficiency in Microsoft Access and InfoPath)
If this sounds like you, apply now! We look forward to learning about you!