Business Analyst/Tester (1 Senior level, 1 Junior Level)
3+ year contract
Candidate must be able to work without sponsorship.
1. Business Analyst / Tester / Onsite Support analyst (Junior)
- Documents meeting notes, decisions, and functional design details for information
- Drafts agile user stories, system documentation, system training content, design
- artifacts, etc.
- Develops, documents, and executes detailed test cases, test scenarios.
- Validates and documents test results conform to design.
- Updates defects, test cases, and user stories in tracking system.
- Creates and manages production support incidents from inception through closing.
- Supports and works directly with system users during user testing, training, and
- system rollout, including in business offices.
- Communicates functional design, test results, and feedback with both development
- and business/user teams.
- Provides onsite support for end users during rollout of systems at various social service
- agency locations throughout the State of Maryland.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience performing analysis and summarizing/communicating complex processes and information.
- At least 2 years of experience in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team and users. Interact with State’s functional leads to get more clarification on the requirements and scenarios and technical teams.
2. Business Analyst / Tester (Senior)
- Develops requirements for information systems from a project’s inception to conclusion. Develops required specifications for simple to moderately complex systems.
- Develop, document and execute test cases, test scenarios, testing plans and procedures in an agile environment.
- Develop, execute and maintain automated regression and integration test scenarios and plan for validation.
- Designs and executes IT software tests, verifying information and data persistence and evaluating results to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Reviews test results and evaluate for conformance to design.
- Communicate test results and feedback with development teams.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- Functional experience with local or government Child Support, Integrated Eligibility System (IES), Child Welfare, Adult Protective Services, Juvenile Justice or Health and Human Services projects.
- At least five (5) years of experience as an analyst/tester on software projects in supporting requirement analysis, application test script development and execution.
- At least five (5) years of experience in mapping the business and technical requirements into test cases and generating test scripts.
- At least five (5) years of practical experience in using relational databases and generating SQL scripts is required.
- At least five (5) years of experience in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team and users. Interact with State’s functional leads to obtain more clarification on the requirements and scenarios.
- Should be able to triage change requests, incidents during all phases of design, development, testing and training.
- Practical knowledge in manual and automated testing, 508 compliance, performance, UAT, Unit, regression and integration testing.
- Experience with automated testing and automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience in testing web and mobile applications in a cross platform and browser environment.
- Experience in triaging change requests, incidents during all phases of design, development, testing and training.
- Experience working with web services.
- Performing analysis and troubleshooting of production support issues.
- Must be well versed with defect management concepts and processes.
- Two (2) years of experience in Federal and State health and human services (HHS) programs (i.e., Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Women, Infants & Children (WIC), Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), Medicaid, Children Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Child Support, Care Management, EHR, Child Care.
- Experience with tools like SOAP UI, REST API and also able to validate data at the database level as well as monitor logs.