Backup and Storage Engineer
Direct hire; full benefits
A Backup and Storage Engineer’s role is to ensure protection of all enterprise data, along with maintaining performance and security of all backup and storage related technologies.
- Extensive knowledge & experience on industry standard backup solutions (NetBackup, Veeam, ComVault etc.)
- Expertise in NAS hardware, software & management tools (Dell / EMC, NetApp)
- Expertise in Data Replication & Snapshot technologies
- Strong experience on storage administration (SAN & NAS) in an enterprise production environment
- Strong server platform knowledge in Window, Unix & Linux
- Take part in design and validation of storage solution and assist in preparation of detailed design documentation as required.
- Develop and housekeep system documentation and help prepare backup and operational procedures
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- A good team player, intelligent, highly motivated individual enjoy cutting edge technology, passion in troubleshooting, learning and knowledge sharing.
- Good command in both written and spoken English with excellent communication skills.
- Researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the storage and backup environments.
- Participate in ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate technical information to coworkers or customers.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership, prioritize and manage competing demands and tasks.
- Self-reliant and proactive as there may be minimal daily supervision.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Associate Degree or a minimum of 4-years support experience with enterprise backup and storage solutions
- Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in development of process improvements technical documentation.
Understanding or experience with any of the following technologies will benefit:
- Administering physical and virtual infrastructure in a data center
- Active Directory
- Ticketing systems
- Windows Server
- Exchange / Office 365
- VMware administration
- Cloud Platforms
- Patch Management
- Monitoring technologies
- Backup technologies
- PowerShell scripting and automation
- Network troubleshooting
Physical, Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
- View computer monitor for an extended period of time.
- On-call and schedule flexing as needed to meet internal and client needs.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Listening and talking.
- Requires high finger dexterity.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must pass background check and credit check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.