Rockville, United States
about 1 month ago
This position serves a dual purpose of administrative support for the Rockville, MD office (including a high degree of shipping management), as well as providing logistical and operational support to the Market Development team, some of whom are based in remote locations.
• Office Management – assist with management of office needs – shipping/receiving, coordinating support/management of projects as needed, managing process for printer/copier/tech support of office equipment, coordinating with office management company as needed, forward invoices to appropriate contacts, perform common support tasks for office personnel as needed, ensure cleanliness and professional appearance of office spaces (including kitchen), etc.
• Shipping - Manage international shipments and domestic shipments as needed, maintain FedEx account
• Management of Customer Briefing Center – scheduling meetings, ensuring demos are up and running, upstocking food/drinks, work with team to update demo rooms, maintain inventory for product loans, POC for executive briefing center & confirm attendees for meetings etc.
• Event coordination and management – point of contact and organization for events and tradeshows as needed - manage logistics, ship product and demo items as needed, manage show staffing schedule, marketing events, etc; Also point of contact for events that will occur in this office or in our Customer Briefing Center (training, customer meetings, etc)
• Management of Demo Equipment – responsible for organization of demo equipment storage, ensure equipment is in working order, reflash firmware prior to shipment, packaging shipments, sending out to key customers/partners, making sure it comes back, manage receipt process, and manage our tracking database
• Develop Sales Presentation Content - Create one-slide summary of customer use cases for our products - for use in external presentations
• Execute budget/spend – Manage process for budget requests and payouts to vendors - PO requests, echecks, etc. Provide monthly spend updates to financial and management team.
• Manage procurement of Demo/Sample Product – order and track equipment for field enablement and beta partners as needed
• NOTE: this job requires a moderate level of physical flexibility (reaching high shelves, carrying/transporting boxes and cases)
• 2 years’ experience working in a professional administrative role
• Experience with overnight shipping carriers and processes
• Understand basic principles of scheduling, project management, budget management
• Working knowledge of common MS office tools like Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
• Able to manage contacts and schedule and manage meetings via Outlook
• Able to create and manage email groups and folders
• Able to utilize Excel to organize information and perform basic calculations
• Able to create and format powerpoint slide presentations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required
• Background in marketing or technology preferred
• College degree preferred
Regarding lifting: they are lifting around 50 pounds. Anything more would go into a pelican case which has wheels and gets pulled to a shipping pickup location*